Cancer surveillance research can only be conducted with consistent, quality cancer data. To that end, this CRGC web page is dedicated to providing cancer registrars with information, tools, references and resources to efficiently and optimally perform cancer casefinding, data abstraction, and data submission. All elements on this web page serve to assist registrars in providing high quality and complete cancer data. For specifics regarding California cancer reporting standards, please visit the California Cancer Registry.
- Visual Editing Guidelines Document—NEW—Revised September 2020
- Papillary Carcinoma Coding Guideline
- Skin Melanoma – CS Site Specific Factor 1 – Breslow’s Depth of Invasion Coding Guideline
- Prostate – CS Site Specific Factor 1 – PSA Lab Value Coding Guideline —Revised 10/21/2015—
Registrar Forms and Checklists
- Checklist for Hiring Cancer Reporting Contractors (PDF)
- Visual Editing Dispute Form (PDF)—Revised April 24, 2018—
- Reporting Facility Abstractor Information Form (PDF)
The 2022 Implementation Webinar was originally presented on 9/13/21. The intent of the webinar was to help central registries prepare for implementation of NAACCR v22.
A recording of the webinar, slides, and a Q&A document have been posted to the NAACCR Version 22 Reference Page.
(ACT’s, CRGC Webinars, NAACCR Webinars)
California Cancer Registry (CCR): Resources
- CCR Standards documents
- California Cancer Registry (CCR): Visual Editing Standards
- California Cancer Registry Inquiry System
- The CCR has produced a tutorial for new users of the CCR Inquiry System. Click here to view it.
- SEER Cancer Statistics
- CAnswer Forum
- California Cancer Registrars Association (CCRA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Program Cancer Registries (CDC-NPCR)
- Central Brain Tumor Registry of the United States (CBTRUS)
- Collaborative Stage Data Collection System, version 2 (CSv2)
- Commission on Cancer FORDS Manual
- Multiple Primaries and Histology (MPH) Coding Manual
- National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA)
- North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR)